Friday, July 30, 2010

Begin doing what you want to do now...

‎"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake..." ~ Marie Beyon Ray ~

When I was in my late twenties, I wished I had been able to afford to attend design school after high school. When I was in my early thirties, I enrolled in a design program - only to have that dream disappear when I developed severe, inoperable repetitive stress injuries in both arms. In my forties.. I discovered ways to adapt to my disability.. and the year I turned fifty, I enrolled in digital media classes.

As, Marie Beyon Ray says, "We only have this moment." So do what you want to do now - and don't tell yourself that it is too late, either. You may be in your fifties and feel that missed your opportunity when you were twenty or thirty.. But guess what - if you don't do it NOW, when you are in your seventies you will be saying, "Oh, if only I had started doing that when I was fifty..."

2 comments:

Hemal said...

Nicely put, Dora!

Wherever we are at and whenever we are at, we only have now, like what you and Ray are saying.

I just got the email notification for this now. Interesting timing, my mum was asking about you an hour ago :)

Aguilar Elliot said...

love the simile in marie ray's quote. so true!